Most of you will not believe me, but I am going to say this anyway. We are undergoing a magnetic pole swap in American politics. To wit:
- Republicans are now decidedly "anti-war."
- Democrats speak soto voce about the militarization of North Africa and drone strikes.
- Republicans fear the erosion of civil liberties.
- Democrats support the NDAA.
- Republicans push for home schooling and the right to drink unpasteurized milk.
- Democrats oppose transparency at the Federal Reserve.
Yet this is precisely where we find ourselves.
One of the things that gives me hope about our future is that a number of conservatives and liberals are breaking out of the left/right/blue/red/donkey/elephant paradigm and are looking at ways to collaborate on issues. For example, here in pro-America Texas, three state representatives - an Austin liberal, a Tea Party favorite and a strong supporter of Texas business - have teamed up to put together a package of legislation to help support local farming and self sufficiency.
I've said this before - our efforts continue to attract people on both ends of the political spectrum. We should be mindful of that as we move forward.
I will be off frequency this coming week. Work is quite busy these days. Stay safe.