Monday, June 24, 2013

Daily Briefing For Monday, June 24, 2013

James Kunstler On The Economy

You may remember the name - Kunstler is the one who wrote the book on Peak Oil Theory.  ZeroHedge picked up his blog entry on Monday, which paints a snarky (and funny, if you're into Kunstler's sense of humor) picture of the global economy.  It's pure gloom and doom, but if it were rosy, it wouldn't be Kunstler.

Thanks to Jerid for the tip.


State v. Zimmerman, Day One

I listened to the trial in the background today as I worked, and opening statements are now out of the way.  Having tried several jury trials myself, I tend to watch trials differently than non-lawyers.  I get fixated on tactics and evidentiary squabbles.

I've remained a steady critic of Zimmerman's decisions that evening, but I fail to see how it rises to the level of murder.  Left leaning criminal law professor Alan Derschowitz agrees with me.  We'll see how the jury sees it.

No comments:

Post a Comment