Sunday, October 6, 2013

Daily Briefing For Sunday, October 6, 2013

Fall Temperatures = Preparedness Motivation

It happens every year around this time.  With the first burst of cooler weather in Central Texas, I get motivated to work on my preparedness efforts.  I think there is something animalistic in us that says "when the weather cools off, it's time to start preparing for winter."

Yesterday's cold front helped motivate me a fair amount yesterday.  Today, I prepared a tasty meal from my eFoods Direct collection using my solar oven, and then I sterilized a pair of hemostats in it since I had the oven hot enough to do so.  (That may sound odd, but I wanted to figure out the best way to sterilize several things at once in the limited space of the oven.)  And yes, there's ample evidence out there to support the theory that medical instruments can be effectively sterilized in a solar oven.

I also cleaned out our garage and did some preliminary tests to see how impacted my garden soil had become over the summer.  The Texas warm fall means I can plant spinach all month.  And for that, I am grateful, given its nutritional benefits.

And earlier in the weekend, I watched this interview of investment broker Peter Schiff, which provided additional motivation to review my finances and look for ways to be a better steward with my money.  Let me encourage you to spend the 20 minutes to watch this interview.


No comments:

Post a Comment