Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Daily Briefing For Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Random Thoughts About Not-So-Random Things

I hope you are checking out the videos on my YouTube channel. I am learning more about making them with each video.  Please subscribe to my YouTube channel if you haven't already - it's free! 


Throwback Preparedness Play of the Day

I don't know why I was thinking about this, but something reminded me of the Apollo 13 mission recently.  Here's a somewhat lengthy video about what happened and the efforts to rescue the crew.  You'll note the laser-like focus the crew and the ground control teams put on managing the basics. 


Free Subscription To Emergency Management Magazine!

I read their stuff on Facebook from time to time.  It's worth getting this free magazine and "liking" them on Facebook if you're a user.  Here's an interesting article on how nursing homes can be better prepared for disasters. 


Some Ideas On Getting Women Into Preparedness

Most of us can relate - our spouses (usually the female ones) don't get into this as much as we'd like.  (If yours does, you're doing well.  Buy her something nice at Christmas this year.  Like an AR-10.)  Here's what one lady did to get her girlfriends to start thinking about getting on board the prepper train.  We actually did something similar several years ago.  I don't think it stuck, but it was a fun exercise. 


A Few More Preparedness Tips Thrown In For Good Measure

You'll like this - guaranteed.  41 Camping Hacks that are quick and easy ideas to help you get better prepared for living off grid.

No comments:

Post a Comment