Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Daily Briefing For Wednesday, May 14, 2014

The Deep Drill Down


The dash board of my Blogger site indicates it's been a while since I've posted here.  Late last year, I began working on a series of essays on preparedness in an effort to really drill down into some subjects that I wanted to explore in more detail.  It's been a time consuming process, but so far I've enjoyed the process and the learnings from it.


That begs the question - what to do with the essays I'm creating.  I am tempted to make them more cohesive and put them into a book (for what reason, I'm not sure...I'm still thinking and praying about that.)  These aren't "how to" type essays - this is a deeper look into the preparedness culture in America.  I fear we need to be having a different conversation now about preparedness than we've been having up to this point.  It's my hope that we can start doing that sooner rather than later.


Some News About Upcoming Events


Get August 2-3 blocked off on your calendars.  In conjunction with KR Training, I'll be co-sponsoring what may be the First (maybe/kinda/sorta/not sure how this is going to go just yet) Annual Suburban Dad Survivalist Field Day on that Saturday.  This will be heavy on hands on and light on theory.


Right now, we've tentatively scheduled presentations on:


  • reloading
  • map reading
  • rainwater collection
  • snaring and trapping
  • ham radio usage
  • food storage plan building
  • water purification
  • bug out bag toys show and tell
  • electric generator demonstrations
and much more. 


On Sunday, Caleb Causey of Lone Star Medics will be presenting his Dynamic First Aid class.  This will be an intensive weekend of training and hands on experience.  More details will follow, but for now make sure that weekend is on your calendar.


Are You Checking Out The YouTube Channel?


Off and on, I'm experimenting with my YouTube channel.  If you have suggested topics you'd like for me to cover, please let me know in the comment section below.





No comments:

Post a Comment