Thursday, January 16, 2014

Daily Briefing For Thursday, January 16, 2014

Suckage Factor On The Rise?


Okay, I'll admit - I just made up the term "Suckage Factor."  But I am calling copyright or trademark or whatever that thing is your supposed to do when you want to make other people pay you money for using your tag line.  I'll sue any of you people that use it without paying me a royalty.



It looks like our Suckage Factor is on the uptick, as evidenced by these heartwarming stories:




America's Dwindling Economic Freedom.  We're now out of the top ten nations for economic freedom.  Yes.  Us.  'Murica.  You'll note residents of both Mauritius and Estonia enjoy more economic freedoms than we do.  (And I'll admit - I'd never heard of Mauritius until today.  Turns out it's a small island in the Indian Ocean east of Madagascar.)



What was paranoia absurdum five years ago is apparently standard operation procedure at the NSA.  The alternative media has been talking about this (and been ridiculed for doing so) for quite some time now.  Anyone want to believe the NSA isn't using this technology on domestic computers?  "...A covert channel of radio waves that can be transmitted from tiny circuit boards and USB cards inserted surreptitiously into the computers. In some cases, they are sent to a briefcase-size relay station that intelligence agencies can set up miles away from the target."  Yeah, I'm sure it's legit.



Stock market technicians are starting to see eerie parallels in this market and other ones that didn't go so well.  I don't read charts much anymore, having learned a while back that, candidly, I'm not that good at it. 



So what are we to do?  I don't know that we are to do anything differently than what we are doing now.  Continue to pay attention, learn new skills, and keep your financial house in order.  There's a lot out there we cannot control.  Focus on what you can.




Jonathan Turley Says We're Facing "The Most Serious Constitutional Crisis I Have Viewed In My Lifetime." 

Let me start by saying that Jonathan Turley is one liberal I like.  Not that he and I agree on a lot of stuff (we don't), but I find him to be intellectually consistent and a proponent for the rule of law.  In a world where "when-my-guy-does-it-it's-okay-but-when-your-guy-does-the-same-thing-he's-wrong" passes as a legitimate tool of public policy creation, Turley states his core beliefs and calls balls and strikes consistent with those beliefs.  I admire that in anyone, regardless of where they fall on the political spectrum.


And so when he spoke on the issue of the executive branch's encroachment into other branch's powers, I took note.  And in typical Turley fashion, he pulled no punches.


Here it for yourself:








Now many are holding up this testimony as a dig at the Obama Administration, yet he clearly says this encroachment began during the Bush 43 presidency. 

Friends, the awakening continues.  More people, from both sides of the political aisle, are paying attention now than ever before.  And they're electing not to simply camp with the Red Team or the Blue Team, instead opting to take a fresh look at their long held beliefs and the current policy positions that the Reds and Blues are taking. 

Encourage your friends to challenge their own beliefs and to analyze what's really going on.  Find common ground with those who are politically different than you are in an effort to encourage others to do the same.  Encourage them to make those common issues a priority for them when choosing a candidate to support. 

No comments:

Post a Comment