Saturday, January 14, 2012

SDS Breifing for the weekeend of January 14, 2012

Krugman speaks.  Yawn.

New York Times columnist and Nobel Prize winning economist Paul Krugman takes the position that having an experienced businessman like Mitt Romney as president would harm the country.  Now, I am no fan of Mitt Romney, but given the track record of the professional politicians we've had for presidents the last fifty years, he can't be any worse. 

Taste Test - Ready Reserve Foods

Ready Reserve Foods recently ran a special - for about $10, they would send you a sample pack of their favorite items.  Today, using my solar oven I made lunch using their ABC soup, diced carrots, potato cubes, and beef stock.  I don't have a sophisticated pallet, but I will say this was fairly tasty.  I sprinkled a little of the cheese powder they sent in their sample pack, along with my trusty Tabasco sauce.  Even my wife had a bite and thought it tasted good. 

I'm preparing to make some major storeable food purchases in 2012.  Sampling the various brands is helping me make my decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment