Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Daily Briefing For Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Nine Meals Away From Anarchy

It's a busy around here this week, so blogging will be light for the next few days.

I ran across this video today.  The "nine meals away from anarchy" tag line intrigued me.  I suspect in a real emergency we'll stop measuring time in hours and days and will instead measure it in terms of how many meals we've missed.

Note I am not predicting some event like the one in this History Channel segment.  But it serves as a good training tool for us - a regional power outage caused by an earthquake or hurricane might be one scenario we could envision which would disrupt the local economy.  And note what happens when everyone "bugs out."  I continue to maintain that sheltering in place is a great strategy for those willing to take the time to make the preparations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment