Friday, June 15, 2012

Daily Briefing for Friday, June 15, 2012

eFoods Direct Sampler Package

I recently received an email offering me a sampler package of food from eFoods Direct, as well as an opportunity to interview their chief marketing officer.  I've eaten two of the three meals in the sampler pack.  My overall observations:

First, the food is pretty tasty for something that comes in a powder form and has a "best by" date expiring in 2027.  Among the storeable foods I've tried in the past, their foods are some of the better tasting ones.  They do tend to be a bit bland, but that's not a bad thing.  You can season them to your taste.  My preferred spice is Tabasco.  What you won't find is the metallic taste you occasionally encounter with storeable foods. 
Next, calories and fat in eFoods products are high....which is good.  Yes, you read that correctly.  In an emergency situation, you won't be dieting.  As the great Eazy-E once said, "It's all about makin' that GTA."  And in the world of grid down cuisine, it's all about making your calories, fats and nutrients.  You'll be stressed and much more physically active, so you'll need the extra calories in your food.  The eFoods selection doesn't disappoint here, as they are dense in both calories and fats.  They are good in the vitamins and minerals area as well, but you'd still want to supplement with a good multi-vitamin and other supplements.
Eazy-E would have been all about defeating the United Nations' anti-American agenda.  He would have also put a cap or two into a zombie, given the chance.

In addition, when ordering storeable foods from any vendor, beware the "X number of days" packages that    many of them sell.  These are often short on calories for the number of days they claim.  Further, it assumes that everyone eating from that particular grouping of foods has the same caloric needs.  I assure you the two high school boys living across the street from me who regularly participate in multiple sports, year round, need far more calories than an 85 year old woman.  Calculating your calorie needs and planning accordingly is perhaps one of the five most important things you can do to prepare. 

Finally, I'd like to dispel the notion you can eat this stuff every day in non-emergency situations, as part of your everyday diet.  I mean, you could, but most of us would end up fatter than Boss Hogg.  If you're good at portion control and very physically active, it's quite possible you can make that work.  But for the rest of us, don't even think about it.  Buy it and store it.

I hope to have an interview with the eFoods folks published soon.  In any event, check out their sampler pack for yourself




I Support Taylor Brands LLC

A big shout out to Tammy and the gang at Taylor Brands, LLC, headquartered in my home state of Tennessee.  I recently purchased a Smith and Wesson Tactical/Survival Ink Pen, and I really like it.  However, it did not come with instructions.



I contacted the distributor, Taylor Brands.  They immediately shipped me a set of instructions, as well as answered all of my questions about the pen.  I recommend their products and customer service to you.  (And for what it's worth, the negative reviews this item has received on Amazon do not accurately reflect the benefits of this tool.)

The Suburban Dad Takes A Break

I will be on vacation for the next several days.  Blog entries will be spotty at best, if at all.  I will have plenty to report upon my return, I am sure.  I will report back on this frequency no later than Sunday, June 24.   Stay safe.






No comments:

Post a Comment