Thursday, July 5, 2012

Daily Briefing for Thursday, July 5, 2012

Recent Product Acquisitions
  • A tumbling composter for Father's Day.  I've already started loading organic matter into it.  I hope to be making my own dirt in the coming months.
  • Two live traps.  One is for squirrels; the other for opossums and raccoons.  Yes, here in the suburbs we have a need for such products.  I'd like to relocate the squirrel which has destroyed my allegedly squirrel proof feeder.  To date, I've unintentionally trapped a wren and dove in it, both of which were released unharmed.  I'm rather surprised birds would go in there.  So I'm spending some time learning how to trap squirrels. 
  • A Midland Weather Radio.  Until now, all of my weather radios came from Radio Shack.  I've not had much success getting the Shack to service their products when the break, so I am going to give Midland a try. 

And One Set of Products To Study Up On

Austin Jill shared this with me - a list of products you can use to recharge your various electronic gadgets when the grid goes tango uniform.  I'd like to learn more about items three and four on the list. 
 
 
Is It LIBOR or LIE-BOR?
 
I am still trying to get a better understanding of this story.  Jerid shared this link with me from ZeroHedge earlier today, which begins to help put things in better perspective.  If you aren't doing so, please start reading news articles on what is going on in the financial system.  At a minimum, you need to know this to be an informed citizen.  You may need to understand it if we have some sort of correction in the broader markets. 

No comments:

Post a Comment