Various Tidbits In The News
Here's what I'm reading tonight:
- CBS News reported yesterday the economy will remain flat until 2015.
- Paul Krugman blames the free market for Detroit's woes (I feel silly typing that; of course Paul Krugman blames the free market for Detroit's woes.)
- Fortune asks the question: are the suburbs dying?
- Tonight's Doom Porn comes again from Michael Snyder in this piece on the possibility of a crisis for America's retirees. Did you know residents of Scranton, PA face a tax increase of 117% (that's not a typo) next year due to their city's dire financial straits?
- Need some good news? Jim Rogers is bullish on the U.S. dollar. And farming.
So what do we do with this news? I think it serves as a good reminder that we should not expect a robust economic recovery anytime soon. This is bad for many people out of work, but it may create some opportunities for investments and re-prioritization within our personal budgets.