Friday, November 4, 2011

SDS Daily Briefing for Friday, November 4, 2011

Lots of Stuff To Chat About....So Let's Get To It

Busy, busy, busy the next two weeks - so this weekend will be spent on TCB as Elvis would say - Taking Care of Business.  My blog tonight is in part my to do list for this weekend.  Don't look for me to blog much this weekend.  But don't worry - I have plenty of homework for you for the next two days.

Fall Back

DST comes to a screeching halt early Sunday morning.  That means it gets dark earlier for the next four depressing months.  It's also a good time to check your smoke detectors to ensure they are in working order as well. 

Tricking Out the BOB

I'm getting my BOB tweaked a bit this weekend.  I repacked it two weekends ago.  I need to replace the emergency meals I previously had in there. 

Packing Staples Into Carbon Dioxide

I have a fair amount of rice and beans that need to be put into long term storage.  I recently purchased food grade buckets and mylar bags from Emergency Essentials.  With a quick trip to the local grocery store, I'll have the dry ice I need to pack them into an oxygen-free environment.  I've never done this before, so it should be interesting to say the least.  You can read more about this method here.

Making Preparations For My First CHL Class

I'm tentatively planning to instruct my first class the first weekend in December.  More details to follow.  If time permits, I will visit the range where I plan to conduct the shooting portion of the test to get a lay of the land.

Getting My Shed Organized

It's a mess.  It's hard to get anything done in there at the moment. 

Reading Up On The Latest Financial Goat Rodeo

Italy's next.  States here in the U.S. are worried about running out of money due to declining tax revenues. So sayeth CNBC.  Like we didn't know that.  Rather disappointed in CNBC at the moment.

Collection of Glenn Beck Videos On Preparedness

Many good preparedness suggestions here in these three video clips.  Food for thought.

Prayer Request

I don't normally do this, but tonight a number of kids from Abilene Christian University were involved in a horrific bus crash while traveling to do some local mission work.  Two students died in the accident; many more are injured.  In a time where kids are occupying this street or that town, the ACU kids quietly went about their business, giving of their time this weekend to help others.  Please keep the ACU community in your prayers this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment