Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Daily Briefing for Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The Latest Diet...And The Next One On The Radar

I'm fat.  So I diet.  A lot.

Right now, I am back on the Atkins Diet, which historically has worked the best for me.  I'm down about eight pounds on it over three weeks.  I'm down about ten pounds since February 1st.

Atkins has its pros and cons.  Pros:  Bacon.  Any freakin' time I want it, and as much of it as I want.  And steak in large quantities.   Cons: Pricey (it's lots of meat).  And few carbs.  (I love carbs.)

Now before you all comment on Facebook or here in the comments section, telling me about some diet you're on and how awesome it is or how Atkins will make your pee turn blue, save it.  Not interested in hearing about it, because I already have my next diet strategery lined up.

I'm calling it the Prepper's Diet.  It's not really a diet.  It's just an incorporation of foods we're likely to eat during an extended emergency.  I'm still trying to think through what this will actually look like, but my first thought is that it will look something like this:

  • Lots of beans.
  • Moderate amounts of pastas and rice.
  • Small amounts of other starches, such as homemade whole wheat bread.
  • Any and all fresh vegetables I can grow in my garden (I haven't bought spinach in months, thanks to the Monsanto garden.)
  • Small amounts of whey protein powder and powdered milk.
  • Canned meats as a condiment or ingredient in larger dishes.
  • Sprouts.
This is not to say I won't eat fresh veggies from the store, or that I won't eat a steak or chicken breast now and then.  I most certainly will.  But I am curious to see how my body will react to the diet I describe above.

No launch date for this new diet.  Hoping to lose at least another ten to twenty pounds so I can get off of some of the fat boy meds I am on now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment